Scholarships For Women From Women
Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, the Amery Woman’s Club has cancelled the Art and Craft Fair for 2020. The Fair provides funds for our Scholarships and therefore our non traditional scholarships are also cancelled for 2020. Hopefully, we can provide Scholarships for 2021. Watch for updates next year!
The Art and Craft Fair/Scholarships cancelled for 2020!
Nontraditional Student Scholarship available for women.
If you are planning to improve your life or community by beginning, or returning, to a program of higher education but not immediately following your high school graduation, Amery Woman’s Club is looking to help. You are eligible if you can answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Do you live or work in the Amery School District?
- Are you in need of financial help?
- Are you are a female?
Funds Available for:
Amery Woman’s Club 2020 Scholarship for Non-Traditional Female Students
Mission: The General Federation of Women’s Clubs is an international organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service.
Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to women who are beginning or returning to a program of higher education, but not immediately following her high school graduation. This scholarship is awarded based on need – social/physical/economic status.
- Applicant is a female who has a high school diploma or GED/HSED.
- Applicant lives or works in the Amery School District.
- Applicant plans to attend (or is already attending) an accredited college, university, technical college, or other accredited post-secondary training to complete an undergraduate program. Documentation of enrollment is required.
- Applicant may be a part-time or full-time student.
- Applicant must earn no more than 150% of the federal poverty guidelines: (2019) – (1) $18,735; (2) $25,365; (3) $31,995; (4) $38,625; (5) $45,225.
- Scholarship money may be used toward tuition, books, childcare, and transportation.
Your application MUST include the following:
- Cover sheet (attached to the essay or letter in #2) with:
- Your Name, Address, and Telephone Number
- Name and Address of the educational institution you are attending or planning to attend.
- Program you are/will be enrolled in.
- Adjusted gross income for the previous year.
- An essay or letter describing your need for the scholarship and how your education will improve your life and your community.
- One letter of recommendation from anyone not related to you. This letter should verify your need and how serious you are about completing your educational goals.
Deadline for Submission – Postmarked by: May 29, 2020
Evaluation Criteria: All application criteria and application requirements must be submitted on time.